Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Friday, July 3, 2009

So...in case you haven't heard---WE WON!!

We were COMPLETELY shocked. Cullen and I both were expecting either of the other two finalist to win. If you don't know what I am talking about I will explain. Cullen and I filled out the Young Farmer and Rancher Achievement Award application, which is about 13 pages long. This is a Farm Bureau committee that we got involved in about two and a half years ago. We have met GREAT friends and really use the meetings as a chance to get away from O.G. Three finalist are chosen every year and we were one of the finalist for 2009. To find out the winner we traveled to the Big Easy, Will in tow. (Yes, I packed the entire house!) At the Awards program, the announcer called all of the finalist on stage to announce the winner. It felt like we were on stage for an eternity and finally they called our names. I was told I said "Oh My Goodness!" at least ten times. The pics really don't do our shock justice.








As part of the prize package we won a 2009 Dodge 2500 4x4, $1000 cash prizes, $250 Sears gift card and a trip to Seattle, WA. The trip is in January and we will compete for the American Young Farmer and Rancher Achievement Award. I am so excited about the trip, Cullen on the other hand doesn't want to think about the flight! =)















6 comments:

  1. YAY for yall!!! That is awesome! LKJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes- grandma called and woke us up just to tell us the news- that is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHEWW! I can't believe I know someone famous. I'll be sure to honk when I see him out sportin the new ride!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that we where there when ya'll won, it was so exciting! Will is too sweet, and we where really glad to meet him. Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm SOOOOOOOOOO proud for y'all! Congrats, congrats, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks!!! Sarah I'll send you our autograph! =)

    ReplyDelete